A growing, dynamic hospitality/hotel operator based in Cape Town seeks the expertise of a solutions-driven Junior-Mid PHP Specialist to join its team. Working on existing, new and exciting custom projects, your role will be to help develop and maintain these various systems. This will include integrating a number of 3rd party API’s and coding new modules to improve an ever-evolving custom platform we have built. You should be calm under pressure and able to handle deadlines, with a Degree / Diploma in Computer Science / Programming or similar qualification, 2-4 years PHP and MVC being comfortable with and skilled in using GitHub.
- Create development plans/roadmaps.
- Implement the coding plan from start to completion including integrations and reverts.
- Communicate well with outsourced resources if/when needed.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and required updates.
- Work cross-functionally to enhance overall user experience of platforms.
- Degree / Diploma in Computer Science / Programming or other similar qualification.
- Minimum 2+ years
- WordPress and/or Laravel MVC framework (comfortable with Eloquent).
- PHP programming.
- Proficiency in using GitHub.
- Comfortable with Photoshop.
- MVC frameworks e.g.: CodeIgniter.
- Cutting up responsive HTML5.
- Ability to multi-task, organise, and prioritise work.
- Can work effectively and efficiently with outsourced resources/team.