Who we are and what we’re looking for:
Yuppiechef is South Africa’s premier kitchen and homeware store with a big vision to build the world’s best shopping experience and to make retail better. The customer experience is always at the front of our minds here at Yuppiechef. We sweat the small stuff and work hard at ensuring that our customers get the sort of experience that they want when they walk through our doors – no matter whether that is virtually or actually.
We are looking for sales assistants and store managers to join us in building those exceptional experiences for our customers. We are building our team of Sales Staff who are going to be the daily face of our brand and guide our customers in their journey with us. Exciting times!
Who you are:
You feel energised when you talk about food, cooking and entertaining. You have experience in driving exceptional customer experience in a retail space, are self-motivated, driven, obsessed with the details and love to cook and entertain. You have a strong sense of responsibility for proactively driving sales, working alongside a team representing our retail brand in every way possible. You care about how people feel when they connect with a brand and want to make every interaction world-class. You love to share knowledge and feel that something great has been achieved when a customer has made the best purchase for their needs.
What your role would be:
● Offering and executing a high level of customer service to any customer that enters our store. Each visit is a unique interaction
● Making our store an inviting and intriguing space which showcases our brand and our range for products in the best possible way
● Ensuring that each purchase is processed through our system accurately
● Following the internal process for stock receipt, storage and merchandising
● Dealing with and resolving any customer complaints to the standards of our brand, ensuring that all processes are carefully followed
● Continuously learning about the products and services that we offer and ensuring that our customers are shared up to date information Who you’ll be working with You will be working alongside our existing retail team and store management to build our presence. We are a team that gets very excited about good food and connecting with people over their experiences. What experience and skills you need for the role
● Minimum 1-year experience in a premium brand in a retail environment with a knowledge of sales principles
● Knowledge of various POS and stock management systems. You must feel comfortable working with different systems and technology
● Experience in a customer-centric brand Environment, Pay & Benefits Environment
● We aim to build retail experiences that are inviting, enjoyable and easy for the customer. We want our stores to reflect that
● Good coffee is a must and we make sure every store is well equipped for a relaxing coffee area
● Monthly company breakfasts where we celebrate the month gone by and chat about the future
● Parking at our retail stores is subsidised
Pay and Benefits:
● We pay competitive, market-related salaries based on skills and experience, and profit share based on the company’s performance
● Your salary is based on a “Total Cost To Company” model and includes:
● Medical Aid (Discovery) contributions
● Group Life Cover
● Retirement Annuity
● 17 Days Paid Annual Leave increasing to 20 days with length of service
Refer a friend
Help a fellow young South African find employment.
Login to earn R500 if your intro gets a job!